This is exciting. If you are new to fungi or your children are interested in nature, these videos are a must-see and a very good guide to finding and understanding mushrooms, wherever you live.
They were produced by the team at Natural Resources SA Murray Darling Basin, SA Government. Dr Jasmin Packer – our Fungimap Vice President – had fun pitching in and she presents the iNaturalist video.
See the videos here:
- how fungi get their food
- how they are helpful to plants and animals
- how they send messages on the ‘fungi-internet’
- their shapes and how they spread their spores
- follow primary school children learning how to find and identify 10 ‘target’ species
How to use iNaturalist and the Fungimap Project
- a guide to finding the iNaturalist app
- logging in to the iNaturalist Fungimap Australia project
- sharing photos of fungi
- adding information
- joining the citizen science team
- making your own records
photos courtesy of Murraylands and Riverland Landscape Board