- To stimulate and support the study of Australian macrofungi through the accumulation, storage, analysis and dissemination of information about fungi
- To link and bring together those with an interest in Australian macrofungi, providing opportunities for sharing and learning; and fostering relationships between groups and individuals that share the objectives of Fungimap
- To promote the appreciation of fungi with a focus on Australian macrofungi in the natural environment
- To foster the conservation of Australian macrofungi
- To establish and maintain a public fund to be called the ‘Austral Fungi Fund’ for the following purposes:
a) To support and finance the collection of information and carrying out of research on Australian macrofungi in the natural environment;
b) To support and finance the dissemination of information on fungi by any legitimate means, including public lectures, seminars, workshops, field trips and print and electronic media;
c) To support and finance projects that improve the conservation of Australian macrofungi through such means as an assessment of conservation status, preparation of recovery plans, and practical on-ground works.
- The Fund is to receive all gifts of money or property for these purposes and any money received because of such gifts must be credited to its bank account. The Fund must not receive any other money or property into its account and it must comply with subdivision 30-E of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, and it shall be operated on a not-for-profit basis.